Being healthy has never been so fun!
JumpFit is a high intensity trampoline workout for all fitness levels. Within the hour long JumpFit class, you will get a total-body workout and can burn up to 1000 calories.
Benefits of JumpFit
There are many benefits of a trampoline workout, known as “rebounding.” Studies have shown that regular rebounding can:
- Reduce your body fat
- Firm your arms
- Shape your legs, hips and abdomen
- Improve your balance
- Stimulate your lymphatic system, protecting your joints
- Strengthen your muscles and bones without being high impact
- Provide an anaerobic/aerobic effect for your cardiopulmonary systems
- Revitalize your body when it's tired
Not to mention, JumpFit is a great way to cross train. According to the Well Being Journal, from a cardiovascular perspective, 20 minutes of rebounding is equal to 1 hour of running!
Come join us for a class and experience the benefits and most importantly, HAVE FUN at JumpFit!
What to Wear
Wear workout clothes that wick away sweat. Since some of the activities involve bouncing on your knees, pants or tights that cover the knee make your workout more comfortable. We will also use the pit in almost every class so tighter clothing is also better. For women, calf length formfitting yoga pants with a smaller or no flare will help you not to get stuck in the pit (and prevent them from falling down). Since we also bounce on our backs, sports bras are better than traditional bras so the clasp doesn't dig in. For men, workout shorts that go over the knee and have a draw string to help them stay up work well. Some men wear Under Armor tights under their shorts if their shorts fall above the knee. You may go barefoot or wear our gripper socks. “Grippy” socks are available for sale at the front counter. No shoes allowed.
What to Bring
We have lots of fun, so bring a smile and a friend and let's get fit while we play. Here are some other things you might want to bring.
Squeeze water bottle with a nipple or straw spout - Drink lots of water during and after your workout. Twist and open top water bottles are not prohibited, but are more likely to spill and cause a hazard. Water is allowed on the top deck along the railing or by couches, but not on the trampolines or mats. Drinking fountains are also available by the bathrooms. Gatorade and other sports drinks must stay down in the lobby area below the stairs.
Sports Towel - If you sweat a lot, consider bringing a sports towel to dry off in between segments. Sweat on the trampoline can make it unexpectedly slippery.
Heart Monitors are encouraged - The class will either have a cardio section or interval training and heart monitors will help to keep you in your target. Your target heart rate for the cardio section should be at 60-80% which is calculated by 0.6 or 0.8*(220-your age). For most participants that falls between 120-160 beats per minute.
Sweats or Warm-ups - In cold weather, arrive and leave in a warm-up suit to keep those muscles warm.
When You Arrive
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early to check-in and sign a waiver (for first timers)! All jumpers under 18 must have their waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian. Waiver computers are available near the entrance of the facility.
- Remove all excess clothing, shoes, socks, necklaces, dangling earrings, cell phones, etc. and store them in the cubbies in the lobby. Lockers are also available for rent for valuables.
- Have a seat and warm your ankles up by drawing the ABC’s with each foot. Class will start promptly on the hour.